Wednesday, October 16, 2013

It's All Good



Daily we are tested in every area of our lives.  Romans 8:28 says "And we know that ALL things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." KJV (Emphasis mine)  It is hard to believe, but ALL things, not just SOME things work together for our good.  ALL things!  We must trust God.  It's all good!

I know that many times, I have questioned the happenings in my life and their relativity to my "good".  I think it's human nature for us to question things.  But as followers of Christ, we are different.  We are children of the most high.  We are in the world and not of the world.  Therefore, things are different for us than those who have not yet chosen the same path. 

At the age of 10 or 11, my sisters and I were helping mom do some cleaning in the yard.  We were picking up pine cones and limbs and other debris from the yard.  We had a small fire in a hole at the back of the property where we were burning the trash.  My sisters and I, as we filled the wheelbarrow with trash would go to the back of the property and dump the new load onto the fire.  Well, on this particular trip, my middle sister and I were tending the fire and raking things up onto the fire.  I heard a hissing sound coming from inside the fire as I continued to rake things up into the flames.  Then, BAM! or BOOM! or something, I don't particularly recall which.  There was an explosion that encapsulated me and my sister, who was standing behind me at that moment.  We ran to the front yard yelling and screaming for mom.  A can of PVC pipe glue had gotten thrown away with the yard debris and had exploded under the pressure of the heat from the fire.  I was wearing cut-off jean shorts and a tank top.  I caught the brunt of the blast, suffering burns on my face, arms and legs.  My sister also was burned on her face, arms and legs although not as severely.  I was sent to the Shriner's Burn Institute in Galveston, Texas for treatment after my sister and I had received initial care at the local hospital.  I am alive and well and virtually scar-free.  Thanks to my God.  There was a lot of pain involved in the recovery.  Skin debridement, bandage changes and whirlpool baths became something I loathed.  I can say that through all of that, I know that it all worked together for my good.  I know that I can say without a doubt that my God is a healer!  I know that I can say without a doubt that my God works miracles! AMEN!

You may be in a valley today, or a trial tomorrow, God knows.  He will be there with you in it and through it.  Sometimes we may not feel Him or hear from Him, but He is there.  We must trust Him and know that ALL things are working together for our good.

No comments:

Post a Comment